Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Hope on Earth

Well, I just got back from another show at 5011 in Mid-City. A week and a half I went to see my friend Benefit Friends, but had to leave before he played. However it was still a good time thanks to Tubby Boots and the San Francisco band that preceded them. That band sounded like Ratatat with the guitarist from Tortoise if that rings any bells.

Tonight was an even better show, though. The first band - Furcast was amazing. They were like an epic goth-inspired Black Moth Super Rainbow... but no, that would be playing them off as a little bit more derivative, but shit, they were really great. Corridor may have been even better. Merely a heavily-affected acoustic guitar and drummer they had a very full sound.

Both bands I genuinely liked and fully endorse. I am sure they all have myspaces, but I don't really keep up with that kind of thing. Either way I think despite Jay Reatard's death we have a lot to look forward to again.

No comments: