Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fall 2013

For years I have been wanting and not even really trying to compile perfect seasonal mixes and I have probably succeeded here and there.  As I looked for a CD to burn this onto (I actually went to the trouble of organizing this one), I may have even found one unlabeled. presumably from 2007.

Well, I did a half-assed try this summer, but I suppose it's fitting that it would finally happen for Fall - obviously the best season and the first one I have gotten to experience in 5 years, unless you count when I moved to Alameda where it is always fall.  It was also technically fall for about half of that time.  It's good, but nothing can really be definitive, that's what always stopped me before.  But hey, that's why you get to do one every year and repeat yourself all you want.

Some of it may be personal and have no essence of the season to anyone else.  So be it.  Also, it's heavy on Jersey.

So, unless you already have all these tracks, I suggest you download this set, with this charming album art featuring a photo of me in Fall 2007.


1.  "(From the) Morning Glories" - The Trypes
2.  "Silver" - Echo & The Bunnymen
3.  "M79" - Vampire Weekend
4.  "Big Day" - Yung Wu
5.  "Night Will Come" - Will Stratton
6.  "Autumn Sweater" - Yo La Tengo
7.  "Jar of Cardinals" - Guided By Voices
8.  "Time To Get Ready" - The Bats
9.  "Big Bus" - Speed the Plough
10.  "Love Athena" - The Olivia Tremor Control
11.  "Map Ref. 41°N 93°W" - Wire
12.  "Childhood" - The Chameleons
13.  "Smokey Day" - The Zombies
14.  "Microcastle" - Deerhunter
15.  "Municiplaity" - Real Estate
16.  "In the Atmosphere" - Speed the Plough
17.  "A Good Flying Bird" - Guided by Voices
18.  "Wind In The Rigging" - Young Marble Giants

DOWNLOAD:  My fall mix (2013)

No comments: