Monday, December 9, 2013

2013 Mix

In my slow way of moving toward the obligatory end of the year list, here is my best of 2013 Mix.  It's all new music from all formats, so nothing from the great reissues I will mention in non-list form in the next article.

I think it's a good mix of stuff that's been released over the year.  Some of it won't even get a nod in my year-end list, but these are good songs.  Some of it is rare stuff that you won't hear anywhere else... At least not yet.  So here it is, along with my suggested order because I don't have any blank CDs to commit these tracks into my ideal fashion:

1.  "Jesus Loves the the Byrds" - Starling Electric
2.  "Perfect North" - Speed the Plough
3.  "Return of the Champ" - The Last Nights
4.  "Demon Dance" - Surfer Blood
5.  "Islands (She Talks In Rainbows)" - Guided by Voices
6.  "She's a Freak" - Bronko Lelich
7.  "Well You Better" - Yo La Tengo
8.  "Finger Back" - Vampire Weekend
9.  "Walkin' On A Pretty Day" - Kurt Vile
10.  "Ice Cream Date" - No Big Deal
11.  "The Missing" - Deerhunter
12.  "Flunky Minnows" - Guided by Voices
13.  "Shout it Out" - Mikal Cronin
14.  "New You" - My Bloody Valentine
15.  "Wish Hotel" - Ducktails
16.  "The End of Love" - Super River
17.  "Imperium" - Blouse
18.  "Airs" - Robert Pollard
19.  "Gray Lodge Wisdom" - Will Stratton

DOWNLOAD 2013

No comments: