Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Age of Ending Eras

Paul and I were saying this is what I describe int he title.  This refers to the end of Basking Ridge, the End of Hoboken, and much else.  Also, I have been on the same computer for eight years until today and that is a pretty big deal.  So, in tribute to that I thought I would list my top 50 most played songs on itunes on that old horse.  This is since, I believe, March 31, 2011 when my hard drive was replaced.  Of course, a lot of music was listened to on vinyl and CD, but here is one thing to look at...

47.  "War & Wedding" - Tobin Sprout
47.  "Wondering Boy Poet" - Guided by Voices
47.  "You Tore Me Down" - Flamin' Groovies
45.  "Map Ref. 41˚N 93˚W" - Wire
45.  "Because I Love You" - Masters Apprentices
41.  "Paper Girl" - Guided By Voices
41.  Draft Morning - The Byrds
41.  #1 -  Animal Collective
41.  "Fireworks" - Animal Collective
41.  "Brother Sport" - Animal Collective
38.  "Sitting By The Window" - Moby Grape
38.  "Living In A Child's Dream" - Masters Apprentices
38.  "Interest Position" - Guided By Voices
37.  "Derek" - Animal Collective
35.  "Indian Fables" - Guided By Voices
35.  "Winters Love" - Animal Collective
32.  "You're Everything on Earth" - The Outsiders
32.  "I've Loved You" - the Music Machine
32.  "Before We Begin" - Broadcast
31.  "Swim" - Surfer Blood
29.  "Hardcore UFO's" - Guided by Voices
29.  "Babes In The Sky" - Flamin' Groovies
27.  "Girl, You're Blowin' My Mind" - Jan & Dean
27.  "Bluish" - Animal Collective
25.  "Cardinal Rules" - Speed the Plough
25.  "The Letter" - Arthur Russell
23.  "Phenomenons" - Twin Sister
23.  "(From the) Morning Glories" - The Trypes
22.  "Gene Ciampi" - Twin Sister
18.  "Outdoor Miner" - Wire
18.  "Falling and Laughing" - Orange Juice
18.  "The Key Losers" - Guided By Voices
18.  "On The Tundra" - Guided By Voices
16.  "Pop Zues" - Robert Pollard With Doug Gillard
16.  ""Unbroken Chain" - The Grateful Dead
15.  "A Plan, Revised (Demo_" - The Trypes
14.  "The Glorious Land" - PJ Harvey
13.  "To Be Over" - Yes
12.  "I Remember Learning How To Dive" - Animal Collective
11.  "Easy" - Real Estate
10.  "Seeing" - Moby Grape
9.  "Here Without You" - The Byrds
8.  "Sinmply Thrilled Honey" - Orange Juice
7.  "What Would I Want? Sky" - Animal Collective
6.  "Is She Ever?" - Guided By Voices
5.  "How Loft I Am?" - Guided By Voices
4.  "What You Want" - My Bloody Valentine
1.  "The 15th" - Wire
1.  "The Last Living Rose" - PJ Harvey
1.  "Huffman Prairie Flying Field" - Guided By Voices

Wow, was not expecting a three-way tie for #1!  Listening to the new Surfer Blood.  It rules!

No comments: